Monday, March 5, 2012

STILL MORE BADERS


I hope everybody saw the great Comment that Philip posted, sharing info he dug up on the J. R. Bader family in Fremont, Nebraska.

Since then, Philip has made contact with Daniel Bader, formerly of Hugsweier, Germany (he and his family now live in Kaiserslautern, Germany), who  sent some wonderful photos of various Bader relations in America and Germany. Like the postcard above of the Bader Bros. furniture store in Fremont, Nebraska, owned by J. R. Bader and his brother, Fred Bader.

 In the last few hours, Daniel has added an incredible amount of information on the Old World Baders dating back to 1645 (!) in Hugsweier, Germany. This thread is taking on a life of its own, so click here to catch up with it!

 Here's another photo I love. This is a formal portrait of the children of Jacob R. and Emma Bader,
taken in 1901. That’s Carl George (our grandfather) and his brother, Ernest Frederick, in back. In front, there is Eleanor Olga (next eldest) in the middle, Alma Christina on the left, and Clara (the youngest) on the right.  (Youngest brother, Jean Richard, was not born until 1904.)

Daniel Bader promises us "still more Baders (noch mehr Baders),"  and I'll be posting more of the pics and text that he provides as we go along.


In the meantime—way to go, Philip!

And many, many thanks to Daniel! Thanks for joining the conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Ernest Frederick Bader was my maternal grandfather. I knew his older brother, Carl very well! He married my brother and his first wife. I also knew your mother, Barbara Jensen, and actually met you and your brothers when you were small children!!! You posted an insert from my wedding announcement in Freiburg Germany. My birthday is July 24, the same as J.R. Bader!!! My mother was Phyllis Bader, and her brothers were Hugh and Bruce Bader. I would love to be in touch with you!!! Best wishes! Linda Trotter-Heger

    ReplyDelete